You're probably not even here today.
Why should you be? It's a holiday, and this just a silly blog written by an ABD drop-out.
But in case you are here, allow me to share some things for which I am thankful on this Thanksgiving 2008.
- Darren, the love of my life, and Hudson, the snuggly, crazy little critter who makes us nuts and delights us every day.
- My sisters, my nephews and niece, who love their crazy brother and uncles
- My dad and his new partner in life, who are happy and make us happy because of it
- My mother, who is with me at all times, even though she's been gone over four years
- Wonderful friends (both new and old), of wit and warmth who accept that I'm an oddball freak who's still fun to be around and likes to knit for them
- A job that challenges me and lets me use my brain in ways that make me freak out and grow at the same time
- The coolest boss/friend anyone could ever hope to have (and DAMN is she chic!)
- Knitting: a hobby I started on a whim and brought me enormous satisfaction and so many great new friends in the last five years
- Barack Obama, the first ray of light our nation has seen in eight very dark years
- Botox, always waiting the wings for the day when I decide I need it
And of course, I'm enormously grateful to anyone willing to drop by my humble blog to read my silly rambling.
Whatever you are grateful for this day, I wish you happiness, a full belly, and happy shopping tomorrow, should be be insane enough to venture out to the mall...